FAQs | Wedding Transport Scotland

What areas of Scotland do your provide wedding transport to?

We are based in the north east in Angus. We cover all of Angus & Fife and most of Perthshire & Aberdeenshire. Outside of a 50 mile radius of ourselves we will consider however we would need to add on extra mileage charges.

What are the seatbelt laws for your wedding transport in Scotland?

The law stipulates that all children aged 3 and under must still travel in a car seat. Children over the age of 3 may travel without a seatbelt in a vehicle of this age for a 1 off special occasion when seatbelts are not fitted.

What is the seatbelt situation for each of your wedding cars?

Lickety Split VW has 1 3 point seatbelt on the front passenger seat and there are lap belts in the rear. Moomin VW has 2 3 point seatbelts, one on the front passengerseat & one on the rear bench seat. Gloria has no seatbelts fitted. Little Miss Sunshine VW has 2 3 point seatbelts fitted 1 on the front passenger seat and one on the rear bench seat as well as 1 lap belt.

Where are you located?

We are located on the East coast of Scotland just outside of Arbroath in Angus.

Who can drive the campervans?

Anyone 23 years and older and up to 75 years old, who has held their license for at least 2 years and has no more than 6 penalty points on their license in the last 3 years. Provided you have not been refused insurance in the past, you can definitely rent one of our campervans.

If I hold a non UK driving license can I still hire your vans?

Of course, we welcome visitors from outside of the U.K please contact us beforehand so we can get your details to discuss them with our insurers. If there are any additional charges we will ask you to meet these costs.

Can I leave my car with you while we are away?

Yes you can leave your vehicle with us free of charge while you are away, we have plenty of off road parking but please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

What time can we collect/ drop off the van?

Pick up is 10:00 am on your departure day and drop off before 16:00 pm on your final day. These times will always be confirmed with you when we confirm your booking and alternative times can be considered during off-peak season.

Can you pick me up from the train station or airport?

Yes, of course we can pick you up from nearby Arbroath bus or train stations or from airports at an additional cost. Once your booking has been made with this request we will contact you to discuss your travel details.

 Is the mileage limited?

Yes, you can drive 100 miles per day of hire, excluding the day of return. For example, a Friday to Sunday hire gives you 200 miles inclusive. Extra miles are charged at 50p per mile.

 Is insurance included in the hire price?

Yes, fully comprehensive insurance for up to 3 named drivers is included in the hire cost of the campervans.

 Are personal belongings covered by the insurance?

No, the insurance included in the hire cost does not cover your personal possessions. We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover this, the same as you would for any other holiday.

 What methods of payment are accepted?

Preferably bank transfers to our business bank account - please contact us for details; we also accept most credit/ debit cards via telephone or online payment but the latter incurs a 2% transaction fee.

 Can I bring my dog?

We do allow dogs at an additional £20 per dog per trip; we also ask that you keep them off the seats.

  Is fuel included?

Upon collection, each van will have a full tank of unleaded fuel and we ask that you return the vehicle with a full tank of unleaded fuel. Failure to return the van with a full tank will result in a £25 fine as well as the cost of the re-fueling due.

Should we bring our own bed linen?

We provide duvet and pillows for 2 people per vehicle as part of the hire cost and we offer various bed linen & towel packs at an additional £10 per pack per trip but of course if you prefer to bring your own bed linen that is fine.

 Can I take the camper anywhere in the U.K or abroad?

You can go anywhere within mainland U.K but our recovery does not cover you outside of this. Please note our mileage limitations when planning.

 Can we bring our bicycles?

Yes, absolutely. We can provide you with a 2 bike bicycle rack at an additional cost of £2.50 per day. Please see our extras page.

 What happens if we break down?

In the unlikely event of a breakdown you have full roadside assistance wherever you go 24 hours a day within Britain. Full details can be found in your on board information pack.  We do ask that you phone us first just in case it is a case of a silly old vehicle trait that we may be able to talk you through.

What if I damage the campervan or am involved in a road traffic accident?

Please call us on 07935010978 as soon as it is safe to do so and of course after notifying the relevant authorities, to let us know what happened. We’ll advise you on what to do next.

How can I safely transport my children in your vans?

Our vans have 3 point seatbelts that work with car seats and booster seats. The seats themselves are also available at an additional cost, see Extras.

Can you cater for special events?

Of course we can, we love adding as many personal touches as possible to your trip so please contact us to discuss any details. We can also accept deliveries of / or purchase flowers, drinks and specialty hampers or even bespoke surprises on arrival, please give us plenty of notice though. See our Extras page for hamper details.

What happens if I need to cancel my booking?

If you have to cancel your holiday and it is more than 6 weeks before the booking date you will only forfeit your booking deposit of £150. Between 6 weeks and 2 weeks, you will be charged 50% less the deposit of your total holiday cost and if the cancellation is less than 2 weeks from the start of your holiday the full cost will be forfeited. Please see our Terms & Conditions for full details.

Do we need to book campsites in advance?

If you are travelling during our peak season (June/ July/ August) or school and public holidays then yes we recommend that you book campsites in advance especially if you want the electric hook-up sites that enable you to use all the camper facilities to their full advantage.